I was feeling adventurous the other day at the grocery store, so I decided to try some new Asian vegetables. I'd heard of wing beans, and they looked kind of like fat green beans. The price for a small bag wasn't too bad, so I bought them.
A few days later, when I opened the bag to get them ready to steam, I thought they smelled suspiciously like peppers (which we don't really like). I quickly went to the source of all information, the internet, to see if wing beans were in the pepper family, and if I should cook them differently, etc. I was quite surprised when google images displayed things that were not wing beans! At least, not what my wing beans looked like... ok... so wing beans really look totally different.
I popped open one of my "wing beans" -- sure enough, it had pepper seeds in it!
So the moral of the story is... ummm... I don't know. But does anyone want any skinny green peppers?